Monday 9 November 2009

Pattern Development...

To develop my pattern further i tried many variations of the original production rule.

From initially using isometric paper as a grid to aid my sketching of the pattern, this became a fundamental element to incorporate into my pattern.

Using this as a starting point i altered the baseline grid by angling the horizontal lines...


The lines offset at varying angles created spaces within the squares. By adding an element of colour this created a contrast of spaces.

This then formed a module which i repeated and overlapped at corresponding points. This created a heterogeneous element to the pattern.



I then looked at the what sort of patten would be created if i removed all the original grid lines. I found both patterns interesting and my next step is to translate the pattern from 2D to 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment